> What could make it useful is that you could decide to enforce the use of
> the new C++ API (if we ever get it to work). If the system hunspell is not
> good enough, one can fall back on the bundled one.

Yes, right. I did not mean, however, that I don't find the internal
hunspell unreasonable, but the fact that it disables the other spellers.
The point probably is that automake is nowadays only used by people on
machnies that have hunspell installed anyway. Which does not mean that it
shouldn't be possible to use it.

CMakers, does -DLYX_EXTERNAL_HUNSPELL=OFF -DLYX_USE_ASPELL=ON
-DLYX_USE_ENCHANT=ON give you all three spellers as option?

Jürgen