> > The current situation is not worse than 2.2.x, right? In other words,
> > there is no regression with regards to 2.2.x, but an argument could be
> > made that there is a regression (from the user perspective) with respect
> > to before we changed to SVG files. Did I get that correct?
>
> Yes, the problem is present since the change from PNG icons to SVG icons.

Sorry if that has already been mentioned, but just to exclude this: the
info-inset problem is not related to the following?

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9778
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/6bd5263405/lyxgit

Because according to the comment in the commit, LyX should fall back to
Qt's (inferior) SVG ramework if no SVG to PNG converter is available.

Jürgen