On 2018-02-15, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 17:26:47 CET schrieb Guenter Milde

>> We found and fixed some problems with the new test.
>> However, there are still problems that go undetected:

>> * We currently do not test, whether a backported file can be opened by the
>>   target LyX version. This means that instances of new constructs not
>>   handled by lyx2lyx go undetected. (An example are "baseskip%" lengths in
>>   box insets.)

>>   Is there a chance, to test the lyx2lyx output with LyX 2.2, 2.1 and maybe
>>   even 1.6?

> I don't think so. Remember, we only test with executables just created.

This is a pity. We should, at the very least test all 2.2-exported files
with 2.2 before releasing 2.3!

Maybe we can add a simple script that opens all lyx22 files in
autotests/out-home with lyx2.2 and reports failures (affected file(s) +
eventual error/warning message).

>> * Sometimes, the back-converted file will load in LyX but fail to compile
>>   due to errors in the generated LaTeX. Could we also test this?

> Should be doable. Something like export to pdflatex as a last step in the
> process.

This would be nice. It should suffice to do this on the last "round-trip
version". Instead of "pdflatex" I suggest testing with default output as set
in the document.

Thanks,
Günter