Am 15.05.2016 um 15:30 schrieb mn:

But isn’t this a justified line-break that you changed them into?

Yes, sorry, I meant  changed some ragged into justified line breaks.

I noticed a few instances of this change.
One is hardly noticeable in the output now.
The other one produces a big hole in a line in the corresponding PDF;
because of justification. (in 3.4.2) I reverted that.

Accepted.

One anomaly, e.g. in 5.2.1:
The TeX-logo symbol does not appear in the output.

Here it does, see the attached PDF.

The source for that line reads:
auf
\includegraphics[width=1em]{/Applications/[…]/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/images/ert-insert}
 in

Here it reads:
auf \includegraphics[width=1em]{\string"C:/Program Files (x86)/LyX 2.2/Resources/images/ert-insert\string".svgz} in

This produces just an undefineable blob (see attached screenshot)
Opening the file in inkscape shows that the file seems intact.

Then it seem to be an issue with ImageMagick. This program is used by LyX for the image conversions. It works here with ImageMagick 6.9.3 and 6.9.4.

There where still a few problems with the margins and a few rewordings,
conservatively deemed desireable.

I don't see them. For example in sec. 2.2.1 "Ausschneiden/Kopieren/Einfügen" you added a hyphenation point at "Bear-beiten" but this is not necessary since the word is automatically hyphenated at this position, see the attached PDF.
Maybe you are using an older version of hyph-utf8 and/or ba­bel-ger­man?

Most important change: 2.1.1 still referenced direct printing from LyX.
This line seems to be simply removed from English tutorial.

Thanks for spotting. All other language versions of Tutorial were already updated but not the German one. Background is that the printing feature was removed for LyX 2.2.

> Given the target audience I think that how to print LyX-documents
> should be mentioned somehow. I propose to guide the user to use the
> PDF-viewer for that (i.e. just ignoring all other options).

I think that this is superfluous. If the users created a PDF he can print it or not. Everybody knows PDF. (In times of paperless offices printing is slowly dying out nevertheless.)

Another point: You changed the info that LyX supports every image format. It really does! (Thanks to ImageMagick and Ghostscript.)

I just committed a new version with your fixes.

Since it was suggested that instead of mathtimes one should use
texttimes to get multiplication in running text:
I tried to change

$\uparrow$ to \textuparrow in 2.1.

This gives slightly better looking (sized) symbols
but awkwardly also the error that:
! Package textcomp Error: Symbol \textuparrow not provided by
(textcomp)                font family pplx in TS1 encoding.
(textcomp)                Default family used instead.

You found a bug. Can you please report it in our bug database:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

thanks and regards
Uwe