Le 18/05/2016 à 18:26, mn a écrit :
Every mail (with attachments) in the last few days I sent to the docs-
and devel-mailinglists was bounced.

The message always said:
SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: thales.memphis.edu
(141.225.8.55) reason: 554 This message contains prohibited content

This error message is – maybe misleading?
There was no illegal stuff nor any profanity I could detect in the
bounced mails.

Since I didn’t find any offical statement on the policy regarding
attachment types, their size or contents for the mailing list:

What is the policy on this here?
Why did I get those bounces?
Can you please clarify this 554 in the future?
Please make the policy on this more visible, easier to find.

If it is a problem with the size of the attachments (simply a zipped
lyx-doc, less than 50K) please increase the size of allowed attachments.

The list maintainer is at a conference until next week, but he will check what policy is in place when he returns. It might be that we decided at some time that zip files were bad. You could just send a lyx file when you need it.

JMarc