Hi LyX!

I have a question on the LyX user interface, then some wishes/questions. (I
used FrameMaker 1989-1991, LaTeX/emacs 1992-1994, and Scientific WorkPlace
1994-now.)

Question: I use Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 inch laptop (owned by employer). I
also own a MS Surface Pro 4 privately.

*       Both the Dell and the Surface Pro are *high resolution* laptops.

*       The menus/icons in LyX are so small that they are *almost* unreadable.

*       Is there a way to switch to a "large icon/text" mode for the user
interface?

*       (Yes, I know that Windows has a history of not scaling UX well..., but
I have no intent on changing to Linux or Mac - I use other programs that
doesn't exist on those platforms.)

Question/Wishes: I like your (partial) support for literal programming. I used
Mathematica ca. 1990-1992, and Maple 1992-2000 - these have some Notebook
features. I have also used Scientific WorkPlace (first Maple, and then MuPad
from 1994-now). I also used Framemaker 1989-1991, which had some built-in
symbolic computation support. Nowadays, there is more interest in "Freeware" in
academia.

*       I'm moving into Python etc. + Jupyter (Jupyter notebooks support a
large number of languages, starting with Julia, Python and R, and expanding).

*       Any chance of LyX to allow *import* of Jupyter notebooks? Here, I'm
referring to "static" import?

*       Any chance of LyX supporting *live* Jupyter notebooks?

Questions/Wishes: One of the things I really liked with FrameMaker, was a good
built-in drawing tool, which allowed me to insert math into drawings. The
drawing tools were not fancy, but coverend what I needed. Today, I use MS
Visio. I essentially use the same features as in FrameMaker Draw, but with the
addition of Layers. I make physics/engineering type drawings, e.g. velocity
profiles in pipes, tanks with liquid levels, mixers, etc.

*       Any chance of adding canvas insert with drawing tools? Where it is also
possible to insert TeX quality math and text?

*       Coming from a Windows world, it would be perfect if such a tool also
support up-coming Win Ink tools. But I realize that LyX probably will have the
same functionality across platforms...

Final comments: I tested LyX some 10 years ago, but switched back to SWP due to
its efficient math editor. Some things I hope work better in LyX are (i) smooth
scrolling of math, figures, tables, (ii) easier use of specialized
classes/styles for conferences and journals, (iii) better support of color,
minipages, etc, (iv) better support of program listing, large tables, insertion
of pdf files from other sources, etc.

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,
Bernt Lie