On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 06:59:00PM -0500, Héctor Armando Esquinca Avilés wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I just wanted to tell you that there is such a problem in the package:
> LyX-2.2.3+qt5-x86_64-cocoa.dmg. I solved it using:
> LyX-2.2.3+qt4-i386-carbon.dmg.
>
> If you give me an e-mail address, I will gladly do so.
>
> Thanks for your attention

Hi Héctor,

I believe you are running into this bug:

    https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10396

It's good to know that you see the problem with cocoa but not with
carbon. I guess it could also be due to the differences in the Qt
versions (4 vs. 5). Would you be willing to test 2.3.0beta1 when it is
released (next week) to see if you see the problem?

Scott