Hi,

I'm trying to install lyx-1.0.0 on my NT4 using
the Cygwin b20.1 package.  Following the porting
instructions given by Steven van Dijk (retrieved from
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~steven/port-report.txt), both
the configuration and build work with no problems.
When I try to run lyx after the build, however, the
text in all the pull-down menus blinks at a very
high rate, and lyx eventually either hangs or crashes.

I've tried installing Steven van Dijk's prebuilt binary
but, on my computer, it suffers from the same problem.

I have successfully built and run dozens of other
X applications with the Cygwin package, so I'm a bit
perplexed what the problem here might be.

For the record, I'm using Starnet's X-Win32 X server.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers, Paul