Jose> Hi!  I'm using lyx 1.0.0, and have been usuing lyx since
Jose> 0.12. Top job, guys!  Anyway, I have a couple of queries. I have
Jose> a little Latex experience, and so far, I've been using the
Jose> report class. I now find myself in nedd to produce some foils,
Jose> and I haven't got a clue of what the layout out for that is. I
Jose> was wondering if anyone could supply a dummy (or not so dummy
Jose> :D) lyx file with an example.

Look for the foils class, which is available if you have foilTeX (aka
foils.cls) installed. Once it is set up, you can do File->Open, click
on 'examples' and select Foils.lyx to see what it can do.

JMarc