So pleased am i with lyx and linux, that i am installing them on my old
laptop (an AST 486 2/50 with 250mb hard disk and 8mn ram) to use instead
of windoze/word. I use RedHat 5.2 on my desktop, but my laptop has no CD
so i have installed Slackware from floppy (version 3.0, kernal 1.2.13).
Installed disk sets A, AP, D, X, and of course T.
All is working ok, so far as i can tell. I am a novice to this tho.

make version 3.74
gcc version 2.7.0

I am now trying to install lyx, and am encountering some difficulties.
The problems seem to be not so much in stalling lyx, but in installing
xforms and xpm. can anyone help with this?
The errors i get when trying to compile XPM after 'xmkmf' seem many,
including some warnings.
It seems to occur in data.o and sxpm.o and types.h, and says, for
example:
/usr/include/bytesex.h:6: linux/version.h: No such file or directory
and
/usr/include/sys/types.h:4: /linux/types.h No such file or diretory
/usr/include/sys/bytesex.h:6: /linux/version.h No such file or diretory
/usr/include/sys/errno.h:27: /linux/errno.h No such file or diretory

Naturally, when i ./configure  lyx it complains that LibXpm is not
installed, that it can't find xpm.h, forms.h and that i need to check
xforms and libXpm are both installed. I am not sure why forms.h can't be
found, as i placed it in the /usr/include directory (where it is located
on my RedHat system).

Help solving this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Tony.