On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Rick Angell wrote:

> I need to use the common foreign exchange symbols for Yen and  British
> pounds, in a document I'm producing.  Any help with the latex for such,
> or where to look up such latex, would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

You /should/ have £ available if you use latin1-encoding
(in the Layout->Document popup)
...I get £ in the output anyway, dvi or ps. ?:-P
(not using any lyx-specific keyboard mappings)

To get ¥, you can put: "\usepackage{textcomp}" in the preamble, then either
have a key mapped for it (with xmodmap), use composekey+"y-" (compose aka
Multi_key is often shift+AltGr in XFree86), or type \textyen{} as evil red
text.  (for some odd reason, the latin1 in TeX doesn't contain all the
characters in the ISO-8859-1 character set, but iso-8859-1 is perhaps not
exactly the same thing as latin-1)

Joacim
-
With both feet on the ground, you won't get very far.
                -- Loesje