Hello,

Here I go again, I installed (actually, the sysadm installed) a recent
version of LaTeX and everything works fine. I'd like to ask you for advice
in the following:

I am involved in the project of writing a book. There will be five more
people located in two continents writing different parts of the book. Two
people (including me) are more or less experienced LaTeX users, while the
rest are new to LaTeX, so I thought LyX would be very useful for them (and
I found out it would be for me, also). My question is: what are the main
difficulties or shortcomings we should face because of having several
authors?

I saw there is the possibility of inserting a lyx file into another one, so
I think we could e-mail lyx files to the project master and he could
include the different files and compile them. Am I right? I saw a message
in this list saying LyX was not recommended for multiauthor documents. Why?

Any suggestion or comment will be highly appreciated. Our alternative to
LyX seems to be MSWord, so I am willing to do *whatever* it takes to make
LyX/LaTeX a viable choice.

Thanks,

Francesc

 o o o    Francesc Moll                   |    Phone:  +34 93 4016846
 o o o    Dpt. of Electronic Engineering  |    Fax:    +34 93 4016756
 o o o    Univ. Politecnica de Catalunya  |    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 U P C    Barcelona, Spain                |
               http://www-eel.upc.es/~microele/blues/