Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is missing here is not the template but the textclass file
> foils.layout. To be more precise, I think that the file is here but
> disabled because LyX did not find the LaTeX document class foils.cls
> on your system. You may want to run Options->Reconfigure, quit LyX and
> try again to load your document.
>
> Did you change your LaTeX configuration recently?

Yes. Thank you. It happened when i upgraded from debian 1.3 to debian 2.0. The
foils.cls file is in
the package tetex-nonfree and i didn't realize that i haven't that package until now.
When
configured, lyx creates the file textclass.lst which shows the latex classes avaliable
in the
system. So if you don't have the proper foils.cls installed, the class doesn't appear
in the
textclass.lst configuration file of lyx.

Best Regards.

Salvador.