On 3 Mar 1999, Franz Hoffmann wrote:
> Does anybody know how to include graphics from XFIG into lyx-documents? The
> figure should contain symbols like $\omega$, which should then be rendered by
> TeX. Therefor I can't  use EPS (which does work, by the way).
>

> I used 'xfig -spec' to create the figure and exportet it as Latex-Postscript.
> I got two files, 'fig.pstex' and 'fig.pstex_t'. Then I started lyx, created a
> float, and tried to load the figure with "Insert/Include File" (actually
> "Einfuegen/Datei einbinden", since my lyx is in German.)
>

> Franz Hoffmann - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.rz.tu-ilmenau.de/~ei023/

My fix to this was to open the fig.pstex_t file and change the line:

\special{psfile=fig.pstex}%

to:

\special{psfile=$HOME/texter/fig.pstex}%

where HOME is my home directory and texter is my text subdirectory.
And, behold, it finds the file! It is always a good idea to use
absolute paths...

Cheers
/Jonas