"Jean-Marc" ==Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

Jean-Marc>Could you show us what you did put in your layout file?

1. g-brief.sty and g-brief.cls are in a location where LaTeX finds it
(...texmf/tex/latex/g-brief/g-brief.sty and .cls)

2. I created a minimal g-brief.layout:
#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass{g-brief (Geschaeftsbrief)}
# German DIN-Brief textclass definition file.
# Author : Martin Rose

# Input general definitions
Input g-brief

3. I reconfigured LyX and found the document-class in the Layout,
Dokument menu. But, when choosing this class, an error message appears
with the folowing console log:

LyX: Error reading inputfile:
/usr/local/share/lyx/layouts/g-brief.layout [around line 8 of file
[...]
Error reading `/usr/local/share/lyx/layouts/g-brief.layout'
(Check `g-brief')

This error appears more times than shown here. The line 8 of input file
is the command "Input g-brief"

What I intended to to:

Load the Latex textclass g-brief and create Labels to enter user data
into the document as done in din-brief. I expected it to be that simple.
I´m to less an expert to recreate that documentclass into a
LyX-Textclass.

Jean-Marc>Did you try the dinbrief layout? Is it less powerful? In this
case,
Jean-Marc>having supprot for g-brief would be a very good thing...

g-brief is MUCH BETTER and comes with a german TeX/LaTeX installation,
but emacs and vi are hard to handle for my wife. she wants to install
microsoft cd´s on my pc but i don´t give her anny root password for
gates-stuff and similar apps drive me cracy, wasting my time.

please world wide LyX-Users, help me !!! (meanwile i take a valium)

Martin.