Dear Herbert, Herbert Voss

(Firstly, my apologies if you receive two copies of this.)

Thank you again for the help, the clarifiication, and the additional
information.

I was able to obtain the foiltex.dvi file., however I was still
not able to achieve what I had set out to do.

There seems to be some piece of information lacking which
may have seemed too obvious to be worth stating.

I will explain what I wish to do:

1. I am typing out a FoilTeX presentation.   I enter the following as
 a shortrotatefolihead

    Overview of Interacting Process

2. I then go on to enter the following as bulleted list with a hierarchy
implied by the parenthesized numbers:

(0) Coordination: Movie Production Analogy
    (1) Movies and required role
    (1) Actors suited to particular roles
    (1)Scheduling of the production of movies
(0)The Interacting Processes (IP) language
    (1)Problems with IP language
    (1)Extensions to IP
(0)Implementation of IP with the Java
    (1) Implementation issues
        (2) Distribution of processes amongst hosts
            (3) One process per host?; or
            (3) One to several process per host
        (2) Communications issues
            (3) Use of RMI stubs
            (3) Use sockets?

... and so on.

I have read the documentation, but something fundamental escapes
me.  What do I physigally type to make the above happen?

Do I need to edit the .lyx file with a text editor?
Do I change to LaTeX input mode and then enter something, and,
if so , what?

\begin_deeper ....\end_deeper ?

[\(\bullet\)]?

Do I use the itemized environment, the standard environment, or
something else in order to do this.

I have read through all of the FoilTeX documents I coud find. I have looked
at the sampfoil.tex/sampfoil.lyx, but find myself unable to replicate
the effect (that is unless I were to go back to editing LaTeX
source files with a text editor.)

What I am asking  for, if you or anyone has the time,  are clear step by
step intructions as to how to accomplish
a bulleted itemised list  with a hierarchy similar to what is shown above.

I would feel much obliged if you or anyone else  out there could help.

Thank you again,

James Sinnamon.

Re: hierarchies of itemized lists in FoilTeX