On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, luc tAESCH wrote:

> Dekel Tsur wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 03:01:32PM +0100, luc wrote:
> > > im using foils for the first time.
> > >

> 2) in landscape mode, my slides are cut on the left. is it a gv issue ?
> (exporting pdf, and viewing under another reader seems ok) (i did  try
> dvips options, n o result).
> reading the extended featuire was not clear for me.
>
> can i set the landscape paper , then use foilsherader, or should i do
> rotatefoilheader ?

If you set landscape paper then foilheads are printed on the landscape
paper.  If you don't set landscape then rotatefoilhead prints in
landscape.  So you see, if you want all your foilheads to be printed in
landscape mode you should set the landscape paper option.

The foils handling of landscape and rotated foils is definitely confusing
and many times you don't get quite what you'd expect -- I know I wrote the
FoilTeX docs in the Extended manual.  I _always_ use landscape¹ and _only_
use foilheads or shortfoilheads.  This works fine for me.

> 3) can i set the fonts i want per default, not only the one from
> layout/document lists ?
>
> thats something id liek to know soon, event in a negativ manner.

You should be able to add some appropriate LaTeX or TeX command but don't
ask me what it is you'll have to wait for Herbert to answer that one.

Allan. (ARRae)

¹ A simple tip for presenters is that you should never use more than about
  two thirds of a portrait page but if you use landscape pages you can
  fill them.  This is mainly due to the fact that people up the back of
  the room will still see the bottom of your foils.