On 2016-04-27, Kemal Ilgar Eroglu wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: quoted-printable --]

> Hi all,

> I'm using LyX version 2.1.4. My problem is as follows:

> When creating a nested list environment, LyX inserts a blank line before
>  the \begin{enumerate} of the sublist. It creates code like:

> \begin{enumerate}
> \item One
> \item Two

> \begin{enumerate}
> \item Three\end{enumerate}
> \end{enumerate}

> That blank line causes some extra space which doesn't look very nice (my
>  intention is to use a reduced itemsep value to create compact lists,
> and that extra bit of space really stands out in that case).

Due to a long standing lyx-bug, this is especially annoying if the paragraph
separator is set to "vertical space" in
"Document>Settings>Text Layout>Separate Paragraphs With"
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4796

This can be cured by, additionally, inserting
\usepackage{parskip} into the latex preamble.

> Is there was to prevent the creation of this blank line?

This should be fixed in the upcoming 2.2.0 version.

As "advanced workaround" for now, you could consider configuring not only
the itemsep but also parskip inside the lists (watch for side-effects).

Günter