On 05/13/2016 03:38 PM, racoon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The LyX manual on customization has not much explanation. I want to
> create a simple module that inserts a label with "footnotemark" and
> the command \footnotemark in the source.
>
> The LyxType sounds like the right thing to use. But unfortunately, I
> have no idea where I can find this kind of inset. The documentation
> states "Among other things, [LyXType] determines on which menu this
> inset will appear." (46, LyX 2.2) But it does not state where the
> inset will appear.

This does sound like a job for a Flex inset. Can you explain in detail
what you want to accomplish, in terms of LaTeX? Is there preamble code?
What do you want to appear where this new inset would appear?

I'd suggest you look at endnotes.module for an example you should be
able to adapt.

As for LyXType, the only genuine options here are CharStyle and Custom.
The former is intended, as it says, for character styles, such as noun
and small caps. They appear under Edit> TextStyle. The latter is
intended for custom insets such as endnote. They appear under Insert>
Custom Insets.

Richard