Hi Miguel, hi all

I installed texlive2016 last night:
# ./install-tl -gui   (NOT ./install-tl-20160523 -gui)

The installer did not find Perl/Tk but after giving some comments continued in text mode. After 49 minutes I was greeted 'Welcome!'.

I presume texlive2016 will be fully functionally despite that missing gui. :-\ Please, could you or somebody else confirm my presumption before I proceed with installing LyX 2.2.0 etc. ?!

Remains the question why your installation worked with -gui while mine did not!? I found perl-Tk (Tk modules for Perl), 804.33.0, 1.mga x86_64 is installed in my system. It is the only perl-Tk package installed out of the total number of 24.

The Tex Maintainers say that GUI must be compiled with XFT support - did you do that?! In my software manager I see 'lib64xft-gir2.0' and 'lib64xft2' installed out of another 16 xft packages.

I very much appreciate receiving comments on this issue :-*

Thanks an best,
Michael