Dear all,
after fixing some - as I believe - Mageia specific shortcomings, TL2016 full / 3263 files / GUI is installed on my system and functioning. See screen-shot.

Currently no Lyx version is installed and I want to install Lyx 2.2.0

I downloaded lyx-2.2.0.tar.gz and extracted it.
After reading the documentation I still have a big question left.

When using the software manager to install Lyx all needed texlive packages will automatically be installed too. But how will Lyx 2.2 find/call the required TL2016 packages after it is installed?

Would it be the right way to simply enter

'/usr/local/texlive/2016/bin/x86_64-linux'

in Path prefix of Lyx's Preferences settings?
Kornel pointed out that this is nice but if I recall correctly he also mentioned a disadvantage or conflict!?

Can somebody please comment/advise what I should do and how to proceed ?

Thanks and cheers
Michael