Hi all,

This is my first email to this group. I generally find the
online resources as well as LyX documentation very helpful. The only exception
to this rule is when it comes to version control. It took me so much time to
know how to install RCS on Windows. I basically followed the steps given in the
LyX wiki on how to install RCS for a portable LyX installation. After I did
that, I was able to do version control easily. I have identical installations
at the PC at home and the one at work (work is windows 7 and home is windows
10).

Now my problem is actually that I use my OneDrive to save my
LyX document. I use my OneDrive so I have access to the document both at work
and at home. So here is a typical scenario I am facing: I am at work, saved the
document on my OneDrive and then checked in all changes. After that I go back
home, the problem arises. When I open the document I saved at work with the LyX
installation at home, LyX at home doesn’t recognize the last check in that I
committed at work and I still have to check in the last change (LyX at home
says the document is not locked). So I try to check in the last change, and
then LyX complains saying that “Some error happened while ci, can’t check in
the document”. Basically what is happening I can’t check in any changes made at
home to the same RCS repo (the MyDoc.lyx,v file) I created at work, i.e.,
I have to save the document with a new name and start a new version control in
it which means I will have to lose all history in the RCS repo; a bad idea
obviously.

My question is whether any one saw this before. What should
I do so that I can check in to same RCS repo both at home and at work without
the need to re-save the same document over and over again.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Abdullah