Are
 you saying that I can still check in and check out LyX documents using
File/Version Control menu if I use git? I am not aware of that at all.
If so, please point me to something that tells me how. I have heard
about the support for git in LyX but never found something that explains
 the process.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Abdullah