When you say "Check Qt4 Settings", do you mean in somewhere in LyX? Or qt's settings?
(assuming it has settings: I've never had to deal with qt expliclty).

It appears my version of LyX (2.2.0, 6/23/2016) is using Qt5: 'Build Info' shows "Qt version: 5.7.0".

Might there be an advantage to trying a Qt4 version of LyX? My system currently has both Qt4 and Qt5 installed. Qt5 is the default.

It's unlikely that there's a license issue. Unlike Debian, Arch Linux isn't strict about these things.

thanks

PS Liviu I inadvertently sent a reply directly to you, rather than to the mailing list. Sorry about that.