Hi,

Yesterday I updated my system to use MacTeX 2016 and LyX 2.2.0. After
doing so, I can no longer use biblatex for a relatively simple document
(title page, abstract page, and 1 page of text). Instead, compiling the
pdf throws an error message: "Error: Found biblatex control file version
2.6, expected version 3.1."

After I installed MacTeX 2016, I used TeX Live to make the new
installation the default LaTeX. I also used it to update all my
installed packages. It shows I have biblatex 3.4 and biber 2.5 (biblatex
3.4). So everything seems fine.

The folks over at MacTeX think the problem may be because LyX does not
use the normal MacTeX search path. How can I troubleshoot and fix this?

    Marsh