Charlie <ariestao1 <at> ipstarmail.com.au> writes:

> On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 19:29:55 +0000 (UTC) "Paul A.Rubin rubin <at> msu.edu"
> informed me of this:
>
>       > Can you post a minimal example of this (both .lyx and .pdf
>       files)?
>
> Quickly did this as I had time, but previously only did in full page
> pictures. This time just text - please see the custom size.
>
> Quickly tried it in Memoir and Koma- article. Result the same.
>
> With a full page picture, landscape the picture goes out past the right
> page, with the text landscape it actually pulls it into the portrait
> boundary?

I may be of only limited help here. I couldn't open the PDF file (Evince
doesn't believe it's a PDF, and unfortunately I don't have Acrobat Reader on
the machine I'm using). I could open the LyX file, but had to comment out
the line loading the tgbonoum package (which I don't have). Hopefully that
doesn't affect anything.

With that done, I could compile the test document (I used a couple of
different formats). It came out the way it was supposed to, but that may not
be the way you intended. You specified a custom size of 17.78 cm height and
22.86 cm width. That defines a page that is wider than it is tall. You also
picked landscape mode, which means the output should be 22.86 cm high and
17.78 cm wide (taller than wide), which the output was.

If you're trying to get output that's wider than tall, then either specify a
wide page size in portrait mode OR a narrow page size in landscape mode, but
not both.

The text did not run off the page for me, but it ran right up to the edge of
the page, consistent with your specifying zero margins on all sides.

Paul