On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:50:19PM +0200, Michael Berger wrote:
> Hi all, this is to share my experience with other users and asking for help
> from the developers. ;-)
>
> I have quite a number of LyX documents made in Mageia5 using LyX 2.1;
> TexLive 2013; classicthesis-LyX-v4.1, most of them with the module
> 'Linguistics' loaded and using different bibliography styles.
>
> After upgrading to LyX 2.2.0; TexLive2016; classicthesis-LyX-v4.2 and
> PDF:

I don't know much about this stuff, but in general you do not want to
upgrade several critical components at once. Ideally you should upgrade
one system (e.g. LyX), test, if everything goes well, upgrade another
system (e.g. Koma-Script), test, etc. And whenever you upgrade, you
should always make sure you can easily downgrade. If you can't easily go
back to how you had it before, take a step back and ask yourself "do I
really need to upgrade"? You will learn through frustration that
upgrades break things. This will always be true. But since you are
learning more about Linux you will learn how to create a robust workflow
and how to easily go back to how you had things before.

Sounds like a frustrating issue. I hope you find a solution and don't
have to redo all of the documents!

Best of luck,

Scott