On 20.07.2016 08:33, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
Dear LyX users,

I'm implementing a very small feature and before I proceed further I
would like to get a little feedback. I have two questions that are
relevant if you have more than one document open in LyX, using tabs.

1a. What do you *expect* to happen if you middle-click on a tab?
1b. What do you think *should* happen?

2a. What do you *expect* to happen if you middle-click on the space to the
right of the tabs? I'm referring to the blank space where if you had
more tabs it would take that space up.
2b. What do you think *should* happen?

Note that "nothing" is a perfectly acceptable answer. The "expect"
question is more about whether you're familiar with how things happen in
other applications that use tabs; the "should" question is more about
your opinion on what you would like to happen.

Scott

I was not expecting anything to happen since most of the time I used a portable computer that has no middle mouse button.

This is no answer you were seeking, but I think if anything should happen, it is a good idea to always show the tabs even if only one document is open. Otherwise the functionality works only in some context (where tabs are shown) but not others (where they aren't) and one would probably get used to a way to do things that always works (keyboard, menu, or software buttons).

Daniel