Thanks Jose,

very clear!

Michael

On 07/25/2016 12:12 PM, José Abílio Matos wrote:
On Monday, July 25, 2016 10:04:21 AM WEST Michael Berger wrote:
Hi,

I am getting file names of the form shown above after upgrading to LyX
2.2.0.

What exactly is the purpose and may I safely remove these?
document-lyxformat-474.lyx is the name of the original file, saved with
lyx-2.1.

document.lyx is then the same file saved with lyx-2.2.

Everytime that lyx-2.2 opens a file saved with a previous version, like to
lyx-2.1 in your example, it saves the original with the suffix lyxformat-474,
or lyxformat-413 for lyx-2.0, and so on.

The purpose of saving the previous file is to insure that if for some reason
the upgrade process has failed you still have the original document in to
order to avoid data loss.

If the upgrade works, as it should as it happens most of the time (~99.9999%
;-) ), you are free to erase the original file.

Thanks and regards,

Michael
I hope that this helps, regards,