From: Uwe Stöhr
Sent: Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016 22:56
To: Richard Heck; lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: LyX 2.2.1 is not running

Am 26.07.2016 um 19:29 schrieb Richard Heck:

> Uwe, is this an issue with the package we provide? Or is it independent?

The installer comes with all necessary MSVC runtime libraries. Today I
installed 2.2.1 on different PCs including one new PC and it worked fine.

I have seen the bug reports but I could never reproduce them. The
libraries which are part of the installer are the latest ones published
together with MSVC 2015 update 3 a few days ago so I expect that they
will work on every Win 10. On my private Win 10 laptop it works.
However, I noticed that some Win 10 users complaining have not installed
the latest Microsoft updates but since Win 10 is an OS working as a
service one always needs to have all patches applied. Yes, that sucks,
but this is by design of Win 10.
So if Win 10 users have all Microsoft patches applied and still cannot
use the installer please report back.

regards Uwe