Am Dienstag, den 09.08.2016, 14:52 +0000 schrieb Bernt Lie:
> Q: Insert Box with shaded background, settings: Inner Box -> None
>
> Preliminaries:
> ·         Windows 10 + LyX 2.2.1
>
> I write a document with lots of examples. If I set the entire
> examples in the Example environment, this reduces somewhat the
> possibilities for typesetting. So I have planned to do the following:
> ·         insert the examples in a box with shaded background (Insert
> Box/Shaded Background. Apply Settings... Inner Box: None.)
> ·         Let the *first* paragraph of the box be an Example
> environment – this makes sure that the example is numbered, and I can
> define labels to the example.
> ·         Let the subsequent paragraphs be of type Standard.
>
> I sometimes include floats, e.g., figures, in these shaded boxes.
> *HOWEVER*, it seems like I get *error messages* because of this; some
> figures are not shown (or appear, say, 10 pages after they *should*
> normally appear), and references to the figures appear to not work.
>
> Question: Is there a problem with inserting floats in such Boxes?

Do you really need floats or just the captions? If the latter, you
should use the nonfloat package which provides the \figcaption command:

Preamble:

\usepackage{nonfloat}

In the box:

Image (not in a float)
\figcaption{The image's caption}

If you want to have the images floating, you need to define a specific
float type similar to the boxedfloat type here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/Modules

You might also want to have a look at the tcolorbox package, which
provides possibilities to produce all sorts of highly complex boxes
(that also allow for floats and captions):
http://mirror.easyname.at/ctan/macros/latex/contrib/tcolorbox/tcolorbox
.pdf

This package is partially supported by LyX via the "Fancy Colored
Boxes" module (see Help > Specific Manuals > Colored Boxes).

HTH
Jürgen