Am Mittwoch, 7. September 2016 um 19:19:03, schrieb Danko Georgiev
<danko...@gmail.com>
> Dear Scott,
>
> If you try typesetting time periods, in old LyX you could just type
> "2014--2016". When you print PDF you will read 2014[en-dash]2016. In
> other words, old Lyx printed the double dash as if it Latex code.
>
> Now in version 2.2.1 I tried to type 2014--2016 but Lyx automatically
> overwrites this double dash with en-dash. This is simply WRONG thing to
> do. en-dash is a special character that I do not want in my code!
>
> To make it clear: imagine that I want to type $\mu$ and LyX starts to
> convert this to unicode character mu U+039C, &#x39C; or whatever
>
> Lyx now behaves as MS Word instead as a LaTeX typesetter. I don't think
> the solution is to revert back my LyX to 2.1
>
> Thanks,
>
> Danko

To insert a dash dash, I use nobreakdash. To do it easy make a shortcut
Tools->Settings->Editing->Shortcuts
1.) search for nobreakdash
if not there add some sortcut. In my case
        Function:       specialchar-insert nobreakdash
        Shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+-

2.) You have to enable amsmath (e.g. automatic)
        Document->Settings...->Options for Math

> On 07-Sep-16 19:06, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 07:02:58PM +0300, Danko Georgiev wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have just updated to the newest LyX 2.2.1. and immediately got a problem
> >> with automatic conversion of double dashes -- to en-dash in a manuscript
> >> written with Lyx 2.1. This en-dash replacement resulted in error message in
> >> index sorting when compiling PDF.
> >>
> >> When I found that en-dashes appeared in the manuscript, I replaced them
> >> again with double dashes (as this was the case in Lyx 2.1). But then the
> >> compiled PDF by Lyx 2.2.1 shows double dashes in the PDF instead of
> >> en-dash.
> >>
> >> I did not find an explanation of what is going on in internet, so decided
> >> share this problem with the lyx users list
> >>
> >> Any advice how to restore the old Lyx behavior in version 2.2.1 would be
> >> appreciated.
> >>
> >> D. Georgiev
> >>
> > Hi Danko,
> >
> > Can you please send a minimal example (to the list)? This will make it
> > easier to investigate.
> >
> > Thanks for this report.
> >
> > Scott

        Kornel