On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 22:18:15 -0400
Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep  3, 2016 at 10:56:25AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > It feels like -graphicssystem native has no effect on the rendering
> > of typing, while it does help almost everything else.
>
> FYI, I ended up installing LyX 2.1 on my local machine so I don't have
> to do X11 remotely.

Me too. LyX is a big, hairy, GUI program you don't want to squeeze
through an ssh connection. So I sshfs mount the directory or tree
containing the Lyx files, edit them with my local LyX, and all that
goes through the wire is changes to files. Also, I don't have to run
ssh as the dangerous -X or -Y.

If I'm on OpenBSD or some other system that doesn't have the fuse-foo
to do sshfs, I can just rsync the files to my local hard disk, and
rsync them back.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28