On 01.10.2016 00:30, Richard Heck wrote:
On 09/30/2016 10:21 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I want to share version controlled files with a colleague. He has sent
me a x.lyx,v file. How do I import it? If I rename the file to x.lyx,
I am told that it is not a readable file. This is true also if I
change the properties (read/write for group)
That is not a LyX file at all. It is a control file used by CVS: The
Concurrent Versions System. I've never used CVS so do not know if that
file by itself is all you need, or you need to do something with it. But
you could start with "man cvs".

This:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2267966/recovering-files-from-archive-of-cvs-v-files
may also help.

Richard

Thanks, Richard,
If I understand it correctly, the version control is for the owner and if he wants to share it with somebody else, he has to send a copy to the receiver. He might work on it, send it back and simultaneously get his own version control. Furthermore, one has to stick to the same name in the version control (working file), I guess. Will try it this way.

This is the version control protocoll:

RCS file: SP-Witte-WE.lyx,v

Working file: SP-Witte-WE.lyx

head: 1.1

branch:

locks: strict

we: 1.1

access list:

symbolic names:

keyword substitution: kv

total revisions: 1; selected revisions: 1

WE:20161001

revision 1.1 locked by: we;

date: 2016/10/01 06:58:30; author: we; state: Exp;

Initial revision

Wolfgang