Hello everybody,
I'm using LyX 2.2.1 under Ubuntu 16.04. I have texlive 2016 installed via
this <http://ppa.launchpad.net/jonathonf/texlive-2016/ubuntu> PPA. I have a
problem with a module missing in LyX: lipsum.sty

*kpsewhich lipsum.sty* returns a path correctly

*/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/lipsum/lipsum.sty*

but still, in *Document→Settings→Modules* there is no module "Lipsum"
showing up.

I checked your guide at https://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/LaTeXErrors#missing-class.

*apt-file search lipsum.sty* returns the package *texlive-latex-extra*

that I actually have in
*/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/lipsum/lipsum.sty*. Moreover,
*texlive-latex-extra* is already at the newest version
(2016.20160819-1~ubuntu16.04.1york0).

To be sure I downloaded the lipsum module from CTAN, and followed their
instructions. I run *latex lipsum.ins* and inserted the resulting
*lipsum.sty* file into *$TEXMF/tex/latex/lipsum/* , in my case:

*kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL/usr/local/share/texmf*

and

*kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFHOME/home/chionatan/texmf*

I think the package is correctly installed, since any other editor
(TeXmaker for example) compile any file with *\usepackage{lipsum}* in the
preamble.

Am I missing something in LyX, to set *lipsum* as a module?

I'd appreciate your help.

Riccardo