To whom it may concern,

I am using lyx for a while now to write my thesis. It's a nice software as long
as you know the little bits and bobs. But I sorted tables and so on. Now I have
a problem in setting the numbering of my tables and figures (and equations) in
a document of the class books(standard class with extra fond sizes). I intend
to have only one level in the numbering . But the software seems to set the
levels with respect to the chapter hierarchy.  Is there a way to change the
settings for the numbering of Tables, figures ... and equations as well?

Kind regards

Katrin Hirsch
Clinical Demonstrator/PhD
School of Life and Health Sciences