And note that, sometimes, when you're trimming a file down for that "minimal example" you end up doing such a good job narrowing things down to the real problem that you find the solution itself.

So even if you disregard the benefit to the community, it's not just wasted work.

On 2016-11-04 09:03, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 10:11:01AM +0100, Harold Mouras wrote:
Dear LyX users,
I try to compile a LyX document but receive the following error
message "White space in argument---line 259 of file
Application-Montreal.aux". However, I do not have any .aux. file
before or after this process. What is my error ?
Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards,

Hi Harold,

There are many intermediate files created in the process of creating a
PDF. A .aux is one of those files.

Whenever you have any error (not just this particular type), please send
a minimal example file.
You were asked to do that also here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=e82c290e-1f28-221f-d375-dc2510bc7a81%40lisse.NA
Did you receive that message? I do not see any follow-up from you.

Please read the following link:
https://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/MinimalExample

Best,

Scott