On 11/18/2016 06:36 AM, F M Salter wrote:
> Examples:
>
>     I was annotating a file using the PDF comments module.  The
> pdfmarkup annotations were working correctly, visible in the pdf
> output.  I edited some text.  In subsequent version of this document
> no markups are visible in the  pdf output.  I have more than forty
> similar files all producing the expected annotated results.

Without a concrete example, it is difficult to know what would cause
this. Similar problems, though, have sometimes been caused by the
cut-and-paste of illegal characters, which LaTeX then chokes on. But, as
I say, it's hard to know. The way to proceed (and to help us find and
fix the bug, if such there is) is to start eliminating various parts of
the file and see if the problem remains. I.e., if you delete the entire
second half, do you still see this problem? What about the first half?
Continuing to do this is known as "bisecting". It helps localize the
problem, at which point it can be addressed.

>     Tables:  With formal tables the order of editing can produce
> different outcomes.  I have worked round  this problem by starting a
> completely new table as the subsequent editing of erroneous tables has
> produced  variable,  unexpected and inappropriate results.

Here again, related problems have sometimes been reported, but this is
too abstract to do anything with. The table code is complex, possibly
too complex. It's not clear to me that it is really a good idea to try
to do really complicated table stuff in LyX itself.

>     hyperref:    unticking hyperref, after its having been set,
> produces a number of error messages and output with "hyperrefImplicit
> mode ON; LaTeX internals redefined" on the first page numbered 1. The
> rest of the document starts on the page numbered 2!

In general, I do not see this. If it's happening in a particular
document, then I'd want to know more about the details of that document.
Again, bisecting may help.

>     biblatex with biber:     Possibly it is to be expected to be more
> delicate.  However, with a new pdf requiring more than 20 seconds to
> be produced, human error is likely and can lead to an inability to
> produce any further pdf output.  Solution is close down LyX and restart.

LyX doesn't support this natively. It's definitely an "advanced"
technique, meaning that one should indeed expect it to be more delicate.

Richard