Am 07.01.2017 um 10:06 schrieb Andrew Parsloe:

I recently needed to re-install MiKTeX. I chose the basic package to
make the download manageable, but it installs nothing like all the
packages that LyX uses. For additional packages I was guided by the
packages listed under Help > LaTeX Configuration, and then by the
packages listed in the yellow notes at the start of some of the LyX
docs. However this is still inadequate for compiling the LyX docs.

The problem was a bug in MiKTeX's installer: It did not work unless one added something to the proxy field. To fix this, open the program

MiKTeX update (admin)

There click on the button "Connection settings" and use the option to use a proxy. As address just type in "test". (Port is 8080) and press OK.
Now continue the updating.

Afterwards MiKTeX should be in shape again. Now you can log in ad Admin in Windows, open LyX and reconfigure LyX. Now all necessary packages to compile all LyX documentation files should be installed.

If this fails, please report back.

regards Uwe

p.s. for further MiKTeX updates you could remove the dummy proxy "test" and do it without any proxy.