On 2017-01-12, Neal Becker wrote:
> Is there any easy was to switch back and forth between 2-column (which in
> this case means:
>  1) setting document class to IEEEtrans with options 'journal'
>  2) including biographical info

> and 1-column, which means:
>  1) setting document class options to
> 'journal,12pt,onecolumn,draftclsnofoot,'
>  2) suppressing biographical info

> also output should go to different file names for the 2 cases.

> I saw there is 'branches' feature, but can it switch the document class
> options?

No. Different document class options are only possible in different documents.

There are other ways to switch the column mode - but they may not be
applicable to you.  If there is no other way to switch column modes, you
will need to create two documents, print them separately and combine
later (or include one via pdfpages).

Günter