On 02/12/2017 06:26 PM, Bob Alvarez wrote:
> I want to include my institution and email address in a footnote to my
> name on the first page of the article. I did this by inserting a
> footnote from the menu on Lyx.
>
> According to the User's Manual:
> The footnote will appear in the output as a superscript number at the
> text position where the footnote box is placed.
>
> A preview (and exporting the pdf output) of lyx file included below
> shows that the footnote appears but there is no footnote symbol after
> my name.
>
> I would like to have a symbol to draw the reader's attention to the
> information.
>
> Ideas on how to do this?

This is handled by the document class. You are using IEEEtran, and it
has decided that footnotes within the title information don't have
corresponding marks. So, if you don't like that behavior, you should try
a different document class. If, on the other hand, you really do need to
use IEEEtran, then, well, that is how the IEEE says it should be.

Richard