I have a long document that I’ve broken up into child documents. Each child resides in a subfolder of the parent, master document. For writing purposes, I find it best to compose each child document individually. And for proof-reading, to compile the child document I’m working on. This poses a question about proper use of LyX’s Start_Appendix_Here feature. For the master document, the logical place to insert Document > Start_Appendix_Here would be just before the appendices begin. However, this would not facilitate composing the child documents as appendices. OTOH, for each appendix child document, the logical place is at the start of the document. So here are my questions:

 * Will including Start_Appendix_Here in two or more child documents
   cause them to interfere with each other when they are simultaneously
   included in the parent docuement?
 * Will including it in both the parent and children cause problems?
 * Is there a better way to get proper references and draft copy for
   the appendix child documents while also getting proper compilation
   of the parent document?