On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Steve Burnham <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my list of tables it appears to be every so slightly indented which my
> thesis editor is not happy with. In the link for a MWE you can see that the
> numbers 1.1 light up with the actual name of the chapter in the table of
> contents rather then with the number itself. I found this:
> http://lyx.475766.n2.nabble.com/No-indent-in-LOF-LOT-a
> nd-tables-td479678.html that suggests adding "listsleft" to the options.
> I have done that but with no success in un-indenting the list of tables.
> Are there any other options that I can change?
>
> -Steve
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ryk9ihpiwoudmj/list_of_tables.zip?dl=0

I think that "listleft" is specific to koma-script. If you don't use
tocloft, then the magic is to add

\makeatletter

\renewcommand*\l@table{\@dottedtocline{1}{0em}{2.3em}}

\renewcommand*\l@figure{\@dottedtocline{1}{0em}{2.3em}}

\makeatother

to your preamble to fix both the list of tables, and the list of figures.
That seemed to do it for me. In terms of sources, I looked at the
documentation for the tocloft package, on pages 3-4, which has the relevant
information if you can make sense of it.

Jacob