On 04/04/2017 10:32 AM, John Kane wrote:
Can anyone suggest why I cannot insert a drop-cap in the attached file?

In the attached file, and an old file, with \usepackage{letterine} in the preamble and the "initials" module loaded the Insert commands appear but faded out if I have the cursor in a paragraph with a drop-cap.

If I start a new paragraph the insert commands disappear from the Insert list.

However, both compile nicely.

In the minimum example I simply copied a drop-cap from my old file, probably produced with LyX 2.2.0 or 2.2.1

I am probably missing something basic but I don't have a clue where to look.

Thanks

--
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

As for starting a new paragraph, the new paragraph will default to the Standard Environment. Switch it to the Initial environment using the environment selection list, and the insertion commands will reappear.

Paul