On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> another useful (for me) technique is to put
>> symlinks in the document-specific local images directory to the images
>> that reside elsewhere. When I move the folder containing the doc and
>> images (or just move the doc and images folder), the connections to the
>> stationary images remain intact.
>>

>   That's a good idea. I like to keep all components together but this could
> make life easier for me.

An ancillary thought on how to further economize file management: symbolic
linking is the approach I often use to point to a "global" .bib file that I
maintain with JabRef.  This way, I don't need to keep moving around .bib
file (or its contents) and all documents benefit from periodic typo
corrections.

- Joel