On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Paul A. Rubin <parubi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if there's a module for this, but it's not hard to do. The
> first key is that you'll want the display mode math in a Standard, rather
> then Itemize (or Enumerate), environment to get it to center properly.
>
> As to what comes next, if it's the last thing in the last item, just
> soldier on. If it's the last thing in what is not the last item, just start
> a new Itemize environment. Where it gets interesting is if the math is in
> the middle of an item. In that case, get out of the item and into a
> standard environment, do the math, and then to resume the item start a new
> Itemize environment, do Insert > Custom Item, and leave the Custom Item
> inset empty (which suppresses the unwanted bullet). I've attached a small
> example.
>
> For math in the middle of an enumeration, the story is almost the same,
> the difference being that you will need to load the Beamer Resumable
> Enumerate module and use an Enumerate-Resume environment after itemize with
> the custom inset to resume enumerating with the next number.
>
> If this is a frequent issue, you might consider writing either a module or
> a macro for it (unless, of course, one already exists).

Thank you for your explanation and worked example (I really appreciate it
when people take the time to demonstrate a fix).  A minor complaint (and
why I didn't go this route originally), the vertical spacing before/after
the second equation is not consistent because of going between "standard"
and "itemize".  It's subtle, but is there a known fix?  I'm reluctant to
get into playing with hard-coded spacings in the preamble, but I'm willing
to if that's what it takes.

Once these types of items are hammered out, I'll create a submodule (and
will submit it to be considered for inclusion in future versions).

Thanks again (for this and your help to others that is very useful to learn
from).

Best regards,
Joel