On 05/21/2017 07:59 AM, km22 wrote:
> I am trying to load a custom LyX layout file but I get the following
> error when I try to set the Document Class for the document.  I have
> reconfigured many times and restarted LyX many time.  The error
> message reads as follows.  Is there a way to determine why exactly LyX
> is complaining about the layout file?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
>

> Log messages:
>
> 19:48:56.710: Opening document ~\Documents\Projects\MyProjects\Test\My
> Test File v20170521.lyx...
>
> 19:48:56.754: The process failed to start. Either the invoked program
> is missing, or you may have insufficient permissions to invoke the
> program.D:\LyXGit\LyX22\src\support\Systemcall.cpp (260): Systemcall:
> 'git ls-files "My Test File v20170521.lyx"' did not start!
>
> D:\LyXGit\LyX22\src\support\Systemcall.cpp (261): error The process
> failed to start. Either the invoked program is missing, or you may
> have insufficient permissions to invoke the program.
>
> D:\LyXGit\LyX22\src\TextClass.cpp (345): Unable to convert
> C:/Users/Ken/AppData/Roaming/LyX2.2/layouts/lknote_test.layout to
> format 60
>
> Error reading `~\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.2\layouts\lknote_test.layout'
>
> (Check `lknote_test')
>
> Check your installation and try Options/Reconfigure...
>
> Error: Could not load class

> Due to some error in it, the layout file:
>
> lknote_test
>
> could not be loaded. A default textclass with default
>
> layouts will be used. LyX will not be able to produce
>
> correct output.
>
> 19:48:58.746: Document ~\Documents\Projects\MyProjects\Test\My Test
> File v20170521.lyx opened.
>
> 19:48:58.751: (file-open
> C:/Users/Ken/Documents/Projects/MyProjects/Test/My Test File
> v20170521.lyx)
>

> I have created a minimal layout file as follows which causes the error
> above:
>
> #  \DeclareLaTeXClass[lknote_test,scheme_main.sty]{LK Note Test}
> #  \DeclareCategory{LKNote}
> # Input general definitions
> Input stdclass.inc
>
> Format 49

This is invalid. The format line *has* to be the first non-empty,
non-comment line.

As Philip mentioned, though, if this is for 2.2.x, you should use format
60, so no conversion is needed.

> ClassOptions
>     Other        devel
> end
>
> Preamble
>
> EndPreamble

You don't need those, if there's nothing in them.

That may be the only issue with the layout. The program that is failing
to start is git, which is a different issue.

Richard