Hello,

While debugging some issues with SVG converters, I'm a bit confused now. I
had configured an SVG -> PNG conversion rule in my preferences, hoping to
control the tool that will visualize my SVG images when editing in LyX.
Sadly, it seems that LyX is not applying the rule anymore. Here's the
message log info:

graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (416): Converting it to format.

> Format.cpp (393): filetools(getFormatFromContents)
>
> Couldn't find a known format!
>
> Format.cpp (504): will guess format from file extension: svg -> svg
>
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (386):
> [CacheItem::Impl::convertToDisplayFormat]
>
> Attempting to convert image file: C:/REDACTED.svg
>
> with displayed filename: C:/REDACTED.svg
>
> Format.cpp (393): filetools(getFormatFromContents)
>
> Couldn't find a known format!
>
> Format.cpp (504): will guess format from file extension: svg -> svg
>
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (393):
>
> The file contains svg format data.
>
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (398): No conversion needed (from == to)!
>
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (295): Loading image.
>
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (301): Image loading succeeded.

Here are my questions:

   - Which tool is converting my SVG to show on the screen if the log says
   "No conversion needed"? Are SVG files now somehow "native" to LyX 2.2.3?
   - Is it not the SVG -> PNG rule I should be overriding?
   - Why is my SVG -> PNG converter (the one I thought should be executed)
   being ignored?

The reason I need to do this is that the rendering of flowed (wrapped) text
in SVG (something I use quite a lot in figures) is very dependent on the
converter. Inkscape lets me edit pretty well, but I'd been having issues
with it hanging and so I switched it to rsvg-convert while debugging. That
tool doesn't quite handle wrapped text so well, as it is a controversial
(moving target) part of the standard. See
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_asked_questions#What_about_flowed_text.3F

My SVG -> PDF (pdf2latex) etc. overrides seem to work just fine when I
test.