Digging a bit deeper, I have been able to locate the source of the problem
and solve it (even if I do not understand why it happened):
When I tried to open the .module files using the Notepad, I have discovered
that these files have not been correctly copied for a strange reason. I
have used Explorer2 file manager for copying them, and it was showing the
name of the files and their sizes (>0) in the destination folder, but these
files were not visible under File Explorer of Windows. When I used the
latter for copying the files again, LyX has been able to find them. I am
relieved even if I continue to be puzzled (but the problem is a Explorer2
problem now, not a LyX one).

Thank you again Paul. Your tip has put me on the correct path (! :-) ) by
confirming the folder to dig in.

Tip of my hat!

Best regards,

Murat