Hi Philip, hi Jürgen,
thanks for your comments and suggestions. Whatever I tried the compilation to PDF fails. I eventually tried Miede's original file once more - absolutely nothing added or removed, nothing changed.
When trying to compile to PDF I get:
BibTeX error: I found no \citation command-----while reading file ClassicThesis.aux BibTeX error: I found no \bibdata command-----while reading file ClassicThesis.aux BibTeX error: I found no \bibstyle command-----while reading file ClassicThesis.aux BibTeX error: I found no \citation command-----while reading file ClassicThesis.aux BibTeX error: I found no \bibdata command-----while reading file ClassicThesis.aux BibTeX error: I found no \bibstyle command-----while reading file ClassicThesis.aux

If I force the PDf output everything looks fine except that there is no bibliography shown

LogType LaTeX shows some warnings but no errors
LogType BibTex shows some warnings but no errors

I have Mageia6, KDE
Document Settings Module: Linguistics

Funny enough, classicthesis-LyX-v4.2_biblatex_bibtex8 outputs a perfect PDF, even if I completely remove/replace the LaTeX Preamble.

Thanks and Best,
Michael